Sunday, December 1, 2013

Enter: Villains

"You can never get back there you know" Thanatos said with a smirk. "Becoming immortal in a mortal realm ruined that for you"

"Shut up" Carmine hissed angrily. She grabbed him by the neck, pushing him against the wall. He raised his hands in mock defeat. Her face was so contorted and angry he could literally feel it radiating off of her. "I would be careful with that body if I were you." She warned softly. "Wouldn't want to hurt that boy more than you already have." 

Thanatos said nothing. 

Her face relaxed and she smiled. "You don't know what I can do" she murmured. "I will get back into the eternities. I will find Nyx and destroy her." Thanatos narrowed his eyes in hatred and disgust. "And then, Thanatos, you will truly belong to me. You and this sad little realm." She loosed her grip and walked away. 

"I will never belong to you." Thanatos growled as she left. "And this realm won't either!" He yelled. "That Carmine girl will be free! You will lose your body! You will never TOUCH my mother, and there's no way you will EVER set foot in Elysium!" His yell echoed down the hallway. He quieted. 

She turned around "You will belong to me, just as you did before." She whispered. She turned with a smirk and was gone. Thanatos yelled in frustration and punched the wall, breaking some fingers.




"Ow!" Shade yelled in pain. Rhiannon flipped around to see him looking at his hand in surprise. 

"Ow? What do you mean ow?" She asked.

"My hand! It hurts"

"What?? How that possible?"

"I have no idea" Shade said, tentatively flexing his spirit fingers. 





Thanatos held his hand in pain.
Asphodel stepped at out the shadows. "Wow. That was smart." She remarked. 

He looked up at her. "Yeah, maybe breaking my hand was a bad idea." 

She snorted "I meant the whole conversation. But yes, breaking the boys hand was a stupid idea too. What did you hope to accomplish by that conversation Thanatos?" 

He looked at her blankly. "I have no idea." He said. "I think the boys teenage hormones are getting to me." 

"I'm glad I don't have to deal with that. Being dead has its perks." She said flatly, pulling the mask back down over her face. "You should be more careful. She may decide she doesn't need you living after all. Then she will kill that boy just to get revenge on you. And when you're dead you can't fight back."

"Perhaps you can't." Said Thanatos trying to flex his hurting fingers. "But I am Death. I would only gain more power. This living body staunches me. By letting Shade live I am only sacrificing my own abilities."

"Oh? Then perhaps I should kill you and let you end this?" She said with venom. He looked up at her. "200 years is too long to be her puppet." She spat, moving closer. "If I had known back then that you could have ended this, I would have killed the body back then." 

He narrowed his eyes. "No you wouldn't" he spat back. "200 years ago you wouldn't have hurt anyone. You have changed, Asphodel." She stopped, a look of pain in her eyes. "I warn you. You do not want to be my enemy." Thanatos continued lessening the gap between them. "I will end the Usurper, and if you turn on me, I will end you." He paused, letting it sink in. "I am the end of all things. Keeping me bound in a living body will not stop me. I am the cold truth. All things must someday face me." He looked her squarely in the eyes his own green eyes darkening to black. "Think about your own salvation Asphodel, and where you want to be when the end finally comes for you." 

Then he left the room, leaving her alone with nothing but her guilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment